Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Thoughts on Saudi Arabia

I moved to Yanbu,Saudi Arabia when I was 9 years old, because my dad worked here. I went to school in an international school. I really liked Yanbu when I first got here, i thought the place was super comfortable since our house was fully furnished and air-conditioned. I also enjoyed the school because I met alot of new people from different places and school was fun.

Then it seems like as I grew older I started to dislike Yanbu, because it was boring. There was nothing to do, and there was no where to go. My life revolved around school and home.

I left Yanbu after 10th grade and moved back to the Philippines to continue my studies. I missed Yanbu, because in the Philippines life was so busy. I missed not having to deal with heavy traffic and all the comforts such as not having to ride public transpo. But I got used to it and I loved my busy life in Manila.

Now, I'm back in Yanbu for a 3 and half month vacation before I start to work. I guess it's boring but I guess I need a break before diving back into the very busy Manila life.

Here are a few pictures of Yanbu:


Yanbu International School


The Corniche in the morning

2 comments:

  1. Wow. The place looks really nice. Why would you find the place boring? I bet friends. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, no friends and no activities :(

    ReplyDelete