Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ang mga kaibigan ni mama susan

This is the second book written by Bob Ong that I've read. I bought this book because it's by Bob Ong and it's cheap! Only 150 pesos. When I saw it National Bookstore I just grabbed it even though I didn't know what the book was about. Well, I knew it was gonna be scary but other than that nothing else.

The book is in journal form. It is about Galo and his college life and all the challenges he faces. The beginning of the book was a bit bland; it was just about normal things that happen during college and his problems with his "family". The book gets really interesting when Galo goes back to the province to be with his dying grandmother. His old house has changed and weird creepy things start happening to him. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll leave that.

When I finished reading the book I was stunned and scared. I just sat there staring at the ceiling for like 3 minutes trying to figure out what I just read. It shock me up, because the book really is scary. I would recommend this book to those people who are not easily scared, cause for me it was really scary. :)

I've only read about 3 books by Filipino authors but I really like reading Tagalog books. I find the characters more real than books who are written by foreign authors. This is probably because I feel like the characters in these book could be the person beside me in the LRT or MRT. I actually feel that the characters are real. I would love to read more books by Filipino authors but I don't know any good ones. Got any to recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment