Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Matcha Green Tea Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream

From the moment I tried Starbucks' Greentea latte I have been obsessed with Matcha green tea. I love everything about it! I am willing to try any desserts that have matcha or greentea in them because I am sure it will be good, with this, I knew I had to try to bake a cupcake with greentea.

Before baking these yummy goods I was faced with a few difficulties. First,it's slightly difficult to find green tea here. But if you really look closely you'll be able to find it in the grocery store. It's expensive but you only need about 4 tablespoon at most.

Another challenge that came with trying this recipe is trying to look for the perfect frosting to go with it. I wanted to try something other than just greentea on greentea. So I searched and searched until I came upon this video of Matcha Greentea with lemon buttercream:


Tried it and here's the end result:


These cupcakes tasted like laying in field of flowers with the mountain breeze blowing. They tasted fresh and tangy and really different from the other cupcakes I baked.

These cupcakes are really good but I feel like the lemon buttercream frosting may be overpowering the greentea. I plan to try another recipe, I have been told by people I trust that I should do green tea on green tea, so fine I will have to try that maybe next week, so look out for it! I'm currently on the hunt for the recipe, so if you have any suggestion, please pleasee let me know! :)

And ofcourse! If you want to try these cupcakes, I can bake them for you(ofcourse with a price, but a very low price of 270 pesos per box of 6)! Just message me on my mobile or on facebook!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/charliesbygrace
Mobile: 0906 576 2427

No comments:

Post a Comment