Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Things I would tell my 17 year old self if I could go back in time

Since I can't go back in time and knock some sense to my 17 year old self, I'm going to be writing this for my sister because she's about to start a new chapter in her life :)

To my dear sister, I was supposed to write this yesterday but my laptop crashed, I was going to send it to you while you were having your grad ceremonies.. but my laptop died on me. Anyways, I'm so proud of you! I believe you are so much more mature and smarter than I was when I started college, but a few pointers wouldn't hurt. Please always keep these things in mind once you move here. I'll always be here for you :)

So here it goes..

1. Eat as much as you can - Eat everything you want. Do not go on diets and hold back on food.. once you get a bit older a tiny piece of french fry will make you gain like 10 lbs instantly (i kid you not). When I was in college I could eat everything and not gain a thing even if I don't exercise.. How I wish it's still like that, but it's not. So please no diets.

2. Don't be shy, go after what you want - One of things I wish I had done more was go after things I like doing. There were lots of times when I didn't try thing because I was alone and I didn't have friends and I was too shy. Please be confident, if you make a fool of yourself now, it's only going to be embarrassing now and always remember that if you do try, atleast you get a chance. ;)

3. Do not doubt yourself - Go with your gut feeling. If you feel like you should be doing something else, do it. Trust your instincts and your gut. People will tell you different things but sometimes the only person you really need to listen to is yourself.

4. Make lots of friends - Actually, make lots of friends but find true friends. I think my college bffs are one of the best things that happened to me during college, they have been the people I can go to whenever I'm sad and I know they won't judge me and will always be there for me. I hope you find your set of soul sisters during college too.

5. Guard your heart - I don't know how to explain this. Just remember you're still young and sometimes love is just an illusion. ;) You may think someone is perfect for you but that is just an illusion, that is just what you think love is like, it's not necessarily love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment